Fragmob is a cutting edge mobile technology innovator with a focus on social sales productivity apps. We operate more like a Silicon Valley startup than a traditional industry software provider, and are looking for passionate people who love what they do. We’re growing like gangbusters, but we’re still a startup at heart. Show us your passion, your skill, your sense of humor and join the family. Fragmob offers great salaries and benefits for world-class team members.
About the Lead Data Engineer role:
The Fragmob Engineering team is looking for a self-driven, experienced data engineer to really own the data capturing and the usage of data from all Fragmob products. Currently we leverage the following technologies: Segment, MixPanel, Google Analytics, SQL Server, Redshift, and AWS/Azure. We hope the right individual will come on board and lead our existing implementation to its full potential but also be willing to toss it all out and start from scratch. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual to get in on the ground floor and help Fragmob build its data platform from the ground up. Ultimately, you will represent not only Analytics but all data as its stakeholder.
What will you do?
- Build data products incrementally and handle integration and management of datasets from multiple sources
- Identify and capture all data points from All Fragmob products
- Use data to show clients how Fragmob products bring value to their business
- Own and drive “Productized” asks for the engineering department (Internal/External Reporting)
- Create models that can help predict app users’ behavior and their interactions with Fragmob products
- Work with all Fragmob teams to support their areas:
- Sales/Marketing: Provide key white papers and data to reinforce sales collateral and driving the value of analytics to potential and existing clients.
- Product: Influence product decisions with data and modeling. Develop and productize our Corporate Clients Reports and other data/analytics related products.
- Engineering: Build and maintain the tool/library implementation guides for web, iOS and Android development. Also, must maintain and grow our list of desired data points and their respective meta properties.
What do you know? (not a rigid litmus test)
- Building and shipping highly scalable distributed systems on cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP) and database technologies (SQL/NoSQL/column-oriented datastores/distributed databases)
- Writing complex SQL, ETL batch processes, SQL tuning
- Hadoop stack of technologies
- Statistical analysis and modeling
- Applied machine learning systems
- At least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, C#, etc)
What’s in it for you?
- Winner of Inc. 50 Best Workplaces (2016 & 2017 honoree), San Diego Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work”(2016 & 2017), and SDVG Cool Company (2016)
- An exciting environment where we get to implement the great ideas we dream up
- Work with a great team that’s disrupting an enormous industry
- Building tools that impact the financial well being of millions around the world
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental and vision coverage (100% paid for employee)
- 401(k) plan
- Great colleagues
- San Diego office
To apply, send cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.